[DRBD-user] Somebody with dual primary experiences?

Rustedt, Florian Florian.Rustedt at smartnet.de
Wed Dec 17 08:15:27 CET 2008

Hello list,

As asked yesterday, i want to use this mode for my xen-cluster.
Additionally to the choosen version, there are some further questions:

I thought of dual-primary drbd with ocfs2 ontop. Are there any basic
doubts against this idea?

One thing i don't understand at all is, how i can use the locking
mechanism as there is not only one node for controlling?

In other words:
Normally for cluster-fs i need some kind of distributed lock manager.
Normally this resides on the storage providing the volume over some
media.

In this case, i would have to start the dlm on both sides to prevent
single point of failure?

So how will this be done correctly?

Kind regards, Florian
named recipient(s) only.