[DRBD-user] slightly different partition sizes

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Dec 16 13:01:15 CET 2008

On 2008-12-16 12:03, Martin Winkler wrote:
> Am Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:45:51 +0100
> schrieb Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com>:
>
>> You realize you're breaking an established convention by naming a
>> device /dev/drbd0 on one node and /dev/drbd1 on the other, and doing
>> the opposite for a different device?
>
> I didn't know that there is such a convention - and I liked it more to
> have the (usually) Primary drbd part on the same drive as the rest of
> the operating system. Both nodes usually do different things.

Your call -- as I said, don't be surprised if that confuses people.

>>> Now my question: Is this difference significant if drbd did not
>>> raise any errors? I am feeling a bit uncomfortable here. What
>>> should I do to make the same sizes in case there is a problem with
>>> my setup?
>> What DRBD version are you on?
>
> The version CentOS is delivering:
> drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
> kmod-drbd-8.0.13-2

Please get a kernel module that matches your userland.

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address. I monitor the
list on a daily basis. Thank you.

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT.