[DRBD-user] slightly different partition sizes

Martin Winkler mw at martinwinkler.com
Tue Dec 16 12:03:17 CET 2008

Am Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:45:51 +0100
schrieb Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com>:

> You realize you're breaking an established convention by naming a
> device /dev/drbd0 on one node and /dev/drbd1 on the other, and doing
> the opposite for a different device?

I didn't know that there is such a convention - and I liked it more to
have the (usually) Primary drbd part on the same drive as the rest of
the operating system. Both nodes usually do different things.

> > Now my question: Is this difference significant if drbd did not
> > raise any errors? I am feeling a bit uncomfortable here. What
> > should I do to make the same sizes in case there is a problem with
> > my setup?
>
> What DRBD version are you on?

The version CentOS is delivering:
drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
kmod-drbd-8.0.13-2

I'll shrink the filesystem on /dev/sda3 so it can fit on /dev/sdb1.

Thanks for all your comments.

Martin