[DRBD-user] Directory inaccessible after node crash

Alexander Sobottka as at http.net
Mon Dec 15 23:04:30 CET 2008

Hi,
today i found on my filesystem some directories which are totally
inaccessible.
I cannot ls, chown or rm over them, everytime i get an "permission
denied" as root.
The filesystem is reiserfs and the System runs a NFS-server.
An executed ls in the upper directory shows:

mxfs2 # ls -la
ls: cannot access new: Permission denied
total 882
drwxr-xr-x  8 vmail vmail    312 Dec 15 15:18 .
drwxr-xr-x 33 vmail vmail    872 Dec 15 15:15 ..
drwx------  5 vmail vmail    120 Oct 26  2006 .NoSpam
drwx------  5 vmail vmail    152 Oct 25  2006 .Spam
drwx------  2 vmail vmail     48 May 31  2006 courierimapkeywords
-rw-r--r--  1 vmail vmail     15 May 31  2006 courierimapuiddb
-rw-r--r--  1 vmail vmail    935 Dec 10 18:45 courierpop3dsizelist
drwx------  2 vmail vmail 890512 Dec 11 08:59 cur
-rw-r-----  1 vmail vmail   1389 Dec 11 08:48 maildirsize
??????????  ? ?     ?          ?            ? new
drwx------  2 vmail vmail     48 Dec 12 15:45 tmp

I think i have do a fsck on the drbd device but how can i do this
without total corruption.
I found this thread here
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-July/009682.html but it
do not explain how to deal with the virtual IP and the start and stop of
the resources.

So the question is what is happened and how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Alexander Sobottka