[DRBD-user] BAD! BarrierAck

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Dec 12 10:21:38 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 08:14:17PM -0600, Nathan Stratton wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Nathan Stratton wrote:
>
>> Anyidea how to fix this? I keep getting them when trying to sync two
>> large systems.
>
> Running drbd-8.3.0rc2 on Centos 5.2
>
>> Dec 11 19:59:44 xen1 kernel: drbd0: BAD! BarrierAck #3231051334
>> received, expected #3231051333!

verry interessting.
this is new paranoia code,
leading to reconnection.
no harm done.

but,
can you give some more details?

how long between two such "BAD!"s, wall clock time and approx. amount of
written data?

what access pattern?
only sync?

what is "large"?

what is your hardware/io subsys/network/drivers?

can you give me a "dmesg | grep drbd"
from module load to first mount of file system?

--
: Lars Ellenberg