[DRBD-user] multiple drbd connections

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Dec 10 22:31:00 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 04:34:49PM +1100, John Youkhana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know if its possible to have multiple connections for a drbd
> resource. So if one connection dies, the nodes can still stay connected.

we do not support that directly.

you can use linux bonding.

if bonding is not an option,
you need to monitor the drbd connection status, and reconfigure
(automatically via some monitoring system triggered script?)
on the fly.

yet an other way is to do funny HA-routing via the lo "nic"
(choose addresses for drbd somewhere from 127.0.0.0/8,
route them, monitor the links, and re-route if necessary).
never tried that one myself, but to my understanding there are people on
this list using this in production.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :