[DRBD-user] Total OS upgrade on Cluster

ha at buglecreek.com ha at buglecreek.com
Mon Dec 8 19:50:04 CET 2008

I just found out that the Drbd-8.0.8 cluster OS that we have is End Of
Life in January (no patches etc).  So we need to upgrade the OS.  It
currently runs
Fedora Core 8 and we would like to go to RHEL5.  The cluster is a
intranet server with mysql and also uses heartbeat, drbdlinks.  The OS
is installed on /dev/sda  and the drbd shared device is on it's on
hardisk (/dev/sdb) on both systems which has all the www, mysql data on
it.  Is is possible to install a new OS on the backup system, set it up
with all the necessary server packages, install heartbeat, drbd and have
it use the existing sdb device. Then make the newly installed backup the
primary and do the same to the old primary?   If so, any suggestions on
how to go about it?
Or do I have to start from scratch on these systems?