[DRBD-user] Using quotas on a ext3 file system layered on a drbd device

Knight, Doug dknight at wsi.com
Tue Dec 2 21:09:22 CET 2008

All,

I have a typical drbd setup, two identical Centos servers with a
dedicated drive in each that handles the drbd mirroring. I use an ext3
file system on the drbd drive. What I'd like to do is enable quotas on
this file system. We have a postgres database which will get the lion's
share, plus a smaller space for people to upload and download files. We
don't want the people space to fill up the drive and lock up postgres.
Since there is no entry in fstab due to the use of Heartbeat's
Filesystem OCF script, how do I enable quotas on this file system? Has
anyone done quotas on a drbd drive's file system?

Thanks,

Doug Knight