[DRBD-user] Estimating meta data size

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Dec 2 08:07:00 CET 2008

On 12/02/2008 07:44 AM, David Pinkerton H wrote:
> When I setup several drbd resources (total 320Gb) a 1G meta-data lv filled up??

Presume you're packing metadata for several resources into one metadata
device using "meta-disk <device>[<index>]". When you do that, each
metadata area is fixed at 128M. With eight resources, you'll fill up
your 1G metadata device.

If that sounds about right for your situation, and unless you're on an
age-old I/O subsystem that doesn't have a RAID controller with
battery-backed write cache, just use internal metadata. That way your
metadata will take up only the space it really needs.

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.

LINBIT® and DRBD® are registered trademarks of LINBIT.