[DRBD-user] cannot synchronize drbd

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Mon Dec 1 22:36:24 CET 2008

On Monday, 01. December 2008, Miguel Olivares wrote:

>  Does anybody knows if it is possible to use drbd with RAID software?

Yes it is.

> This is my drbd.conf file
>
> resource drbd0 {
>
> on pam1 {
>    device    /dev/drbd1;
> }
>
> on pam2 {
>    device    /dev/drbd1;
> }

> 0: cs:Unconfigured
> 1: cs:Connected st: Secondary/Primary ld:Consistent
>    ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0

> Can anybody help me, and tell me how can i do to synchronize the data?

Your data is synced and everything is fine. You just chose a very confusing
name for your resource, that's all.

You named your resource "drbd0" and gave it the drbd device /dev/drbd1. The
name of the resource and the device have nothing to do with each other!
Usually resources are called "shared" or like in my case "shared-web"
and "shared-mail" or "mydata" if you like. That's a name you can choose
however you like.

drbd devices on the other hand start at /dev/drbd0 and go to higher numbers
like with most devices. You get the 0:cs:Unconfigured, because you simply
skipped /dev/drbd0 and gave your resource /dev/drbd1. Nothing wrong with
that, but it may confuse the administrator :)

Hope this clears it up.

Regards,
Stefan