[DRBD-user] Confirmed BUG in 8.2, fix committed. Was: Online verify stack trace in kernel logs.

Ben Clewett ben at roadrunner.uk.com
Mon Dec 1 12:30:03 CET 2008

Hi Lars,

Glad to hear you have found a bug, unfortunately just as we upgraded
from 8.2.6 to fix the last verify bug!

Do you have any idea when next release will take place?

Alternately, do you have a patch we could apply against 8.2.7 to fix
this issue on our live servers?

Regards,

Ben

Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 08:59:11AM -0800, Jeffrey Froman wrote:
>> On Wednesday 26 November 2008 09:35:05 am Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>>> are you _sure_ that you use the _released_ 8.2.7,
>>> and not some git checkout?
>>> what is the git commit hash you are using?
>> Hm, I think so:
>>
>> version: 8.2.7 (api:88/proto:86-88)
>> GIT-hash: 61b7f4c2fc34fe3d2acf7be6bcc1fc2684708a7d build by
>> root at hostname, 2008-11-19 14:16:59
>
> you possibly hit
>  drbd_resync_finished called drbd_khelper from within a spinlock!
> committed as 117441 last Friday.  now that was an embarrassing bug.
>
> #§$%&!
>
> 	:(

This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any
content in this message is not necessarily a view or statement from Road
Tech Computer Systems Limited but is that of the individual sender. If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. We use
reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the company but
no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free.
You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor e-mail
communications through our networks is reserved by us

  Road Tech Computer Systems Ltd. Shenley Hall, Rectory Lane, Shenley,
  Radlett, Hertfordshire, WD7 9AN. - VAT Registration No GB 449 3582 17
  Registered in England No: 02017435, Registered Address: Charter Court,
  Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead,  Hertfordshire, HP2 5GE.