[DRBD-user] Re: DRBD VBD's with Xen status

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Aug 18 08:26:36 CEST 2008

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Pasted from xen/scripts/block-drbd:
>> # - Tested, thus far, only on Debian etch with Xen 3.0.3.
>>
>> If that is really the extent of testing, the docu is sending a mixed
>> message in chapter 11 with the big writeup on DRBD VBD's.
>>
>> In my case, CentOS 5, they just plain failed with some block device
>> unavailable message, while phy:/dev/drbd1 works perfectly.
>
> Just wanted to point out this comes up sometimes on lists outside
> drbd-user, including this recent thread in xen-users.
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2008-08/msg00168.html
>
> I request, again, that that document be changed. It's wasting people's
> time, and leaving a bad impression.
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/ch-xen.html
>
> jerry

Jerry,

can you confirm that you are using the pygrub bootloader? If yes, would
you refer to
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2007-November/007794.html
(the whole thread, not just that one message)? I explained in that
thread why the block-drbd script is not at fault here, it's the pygrub
bootloader that makes some, um, questionable assumptions.

Hope this helps.
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT Information
Technologies.