[DRBD-user] Performance issue

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at deltares.nl
Thu Aug 14 14:47:48 CEST 2008

>> 8 x 750Gb (4,5TB RAID5EE, Adaptec 2820SA)

I have seen quite some degradation when metadata is stored on RAID5.
If it's possible you really should try to place the metadata on a separate
faster then R5 parition (e.g. RAID1).

--
Leroy

--
Delft Hydraulics, GeoDelft, the Subsurface and Groundwater unit of TNO and
parts of Rijkswaterstaat have joined forces in a new independent institute for

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft,
The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any
way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.