[DRBD-user] Reminder: DRBD Performance Tuning Webinar (European business hours)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Aug 14 14:30:01 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 04:24:39PM +0200, Brice Figureau wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 14:47 +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> > just a quick reminder for tomorrow's webinar. If you haven't yet
> > registered -- a handful of seats is still open, so if you hurry, you
> > might be able to grab one. See the registration link below.
>
> Thanks for the webinar :-)
>
> Sound quality was awfull (I hope it will be fixed for your next
> sessions),

me too...

> but the subject was quite interesting and I learnt a few
> things especially about the increased latency when using BBWC.

The *relative* latency overhead of replication increases when using
BBWC (Battery Backed Write Cache) on your "local disks",
because the entity compared against (latency of "local disk") decreases
("percentages lie").

Of course, _overall_ drbd latency _decreases_ when using write cache.

unfortunately there is no archive available of this webinar, as we had
problems with the audio quality and then with the recording.

hopefully we can sort out these problems soon.
we expect to put online a recording of the next session.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT HA-Solutions GmbH

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks
of LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH