[DRBD-user] LVM on top of DRBD8

Davide Corio davide.corio at domsense.com
Sun Aug 10 14:05:52 CEST 2008

Hi *,
i know that this was already discussed on this ml, but i didn't find any
valid solution.

the situation is the following:

device    /dev/drbd0;
disk      /dev/md1;

LVM filter: "filter = [ "a/dev/drbd[0-9]/","r|/dev/md[0-9]|" ]"

Now, i'm trying to setup LVM on top of drbd0.
Everything works fine untill i create the first logical volume.

I run "pvcreate /dev/drbd0" and "vgcreate vg00 /dev/drbd0"

If i reboot the two nodes, the next time everything is at its own place,
and drbd works as espected.

And the same occours when i run "lvcreate -L1GB -n test vg00", on the
first node.
When the operation is completed i can find "test" on the second node.

But...when i reboot the two nodes i receive an odd:

"Failure: (144) Lower device is already claimed. This usually means it
is mounted."

The device is not mounted, but i guess that LVM is grabbing it and
associate it with /dev/md1.

So, i now suspect that it is a lvm related issue because if i change the
lvm filter into "filter = [ "a/.*/" ]" i can find again my PV on MD1

any hints? :(

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com