[DRBD-user] Something not right??

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN king at computerking.ca
Sun Aug 10 04:54:46 CEST 2008

On reboot something is going wrong i do not see anything under mount or fstype i have added this line to /etc/fstab on both hosts i guess noauto means i must mount the device myself thought drbd might take care of it.  Should i set it to defaults in /etc/fstab or something?? on the primary machine?? so it automagically gets mounted??

/dev/drdb1      /drbd           ext3    noauto          0       0

When i do a manual mount command on the primary it mounts ok and looks like this

root at mx1:/drbd# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.2.6 (api:88/proto:86-88)
GIT-hash: 3e69822d3bb4920a8c1bfdf7d647169eba7d2eb4 build by root at mx1.canmail.org, 2008-06-30 13:41:01
m:res  cs         st                 ds                 p  mounted  fstype
1:r0   Connected  Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C  /drbd    ext3

I know this is a silly newbie question but when i add a file to the primary it is supposed to automagically appear on the secondary right? How do i handle the mount senerio there ( the secondary) leave it unmounted right?

THank you in advance

Computer King & CaN Mail  -  Sales Service Hosting Backup

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

NEW!!! Custom Service Packages
Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting Packages