[DRBD-user] using drbd while other node inconsistent

Thibaut Perrin tperrindrbd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 11:37:34 CEST 2008

Hi everyone !

I have a small problem / question :)

I am using drbd on xen computers, and my drbd volumes were 10GB size. They
were both upToDate. I extended one VM1 drbd disk up to 500GB. I rebooted the
machine, did the drbdadm create-md r0, everything went fine, and it
re-synchronized the 10GB data that were still on the other volume.

then I did the same on the VM2, but this time, it has to synchronise the
500GB instead of the 10, which is quite normal !

My question is : as it is a (very ?) long operation, can I use the VM1 drbd
volume during this time to keep working ? Will that not be a problem while
synchronising with VM2 ? Do I have to wait until the sync is complete ?

Thanks in advance !

Thibaut Perrin