[DRBD-user] How to resize drbd online on top of LVM with meta-disk internal

ml at bortal.de ml at bortal.de
Fri Aug 1 07:50:51 CEST 2008

Hello List,

i would like to resize my drbd disk. I have the following requirements:
- meta-disk: internal
- Filesystem is ext3
- all on top of a lvm partition
- if possible, i would like to resize it online

I tried:
MyBox:~# lvextend -v -L+1G /dev/MyBox/data
    Finding volume group MyBox
    Archiving volume group "MyBox" metadata (seqno 20).
  Extending logical volume data to 7.00 GB
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/MyBox" (seqno21).
    Found volume group "MyBox"
    Found volume group "MyBox"
    Suspending MyBox-data (253:5)
    Found volume group "MyBox"
    Resuming MyBox-data (253:5)
  Logical volume data successfully resized

MyBox:~# resize2fs /dev/MyBox/data 7G
resize2fs 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)
resize2fs: Device or resource busy while trying to open
/dev/MyBox/data
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

IF i stop drbd, then the device is not busy anymore and i can resize the
fs. But then i wont be able to start drbd again in order to do online
resizing.

Any tips or hints would be great!

Thanks,
Mario