[DRBD-user] Re: primary/primary questions

Chris Picton lists at tangent.co.za
Wed Apr 30 15:16:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:20:42 +0200, Florian Haas wrote:

> Chris Picton wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Is this safe?
>
> No.
>
>> If not, how should the multipath be configured?
>
> Not at all. You want to do this:
>
>       GFS
>      CLVMD
>       PV
>    +-DRBD-+
>    |      |
> Node 1  Node 2

Im my case, the DRBD servers are physically separate machines from the
cluster nodes.

The drbd servers will never access the filesystem - thats why I had iSCSI
in the original post.

However, I am trying to load balance the connections from the drbd
machines, as the crossover speed between them is much faster than the
speed at which they can each serve data.

Chris