[DRBD-user] Is it possible to Identify the ressource devices with an UUID?

Jürgen Scholz juergen at kernkraft400.com
Mon Apr 28 21:01:58 CEST 2008

Hello!

I've been using DRBD for quite some time and now one ressource is
filled to the top with data. It's running inside a virtual machine, so
adding a bigger blockdevice should be no problem, but if i add devices
to the configuration the enumeration of the devices is a bit tricky to
handle. I don't want to break anything and state my question in case I
have to do this again sometime.

Is it possible to address a blockdevice with the UUID, which for
example ubuntu uses to find the right blockdevice/filesystem for a
certain mountpoint in fstab?

I hope I could express myself in an understandable way. ;-)

Greetings,
juergen