[DRBD-user] modprobe drbd fails on debian etch amd64

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Apr 28 15:05:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm running into trouble when trying to

# drbdadm attach r0
No response from the DRBD driver! Is the module loaded?
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd1 disk /dev/md2 /dev/md2 internal --set-defaults --create-device' terminated with exit code 20
drbdadm aborting

this seems to be due to drbdb module failing to load

vhost2:~# modprobe drbd
FATAL: Module drbd not found.

I've got 2.6.22-4-vserver-amd64 kernel on etch amd64 and
drbd8-2.6.22-4-vserver-amd64 installed.

My apt sources are

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ etch main

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib

deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non-free

Should I ditch etch backports, and/or build my own vserver-patched
kernel? Or am I missing some other steps?

Thanks,