[DRBD-user] Problem creating md

Ziv Gabel ziv at mailvision.com
Wed Apr 16 15:40:36 CEST 2008

When trying to do  create-md as shown in the manual I get:

[root at devsipbxlmailvision ~]# drbdadm create-md r0
v08 Magic number not found
md_offset 18203176960
al_offset 18203144192
bm_offset 18202587136

Found ext2 filesystem which uses 17776544 kB
current configuration leaves usable 17775964 kB

Device size would be truncated, which
would corrupt data and result in
'access beyond end of device' errors.
You need to either
   * use external meta data (recommended)
   * shrink that filesystem first
   * zero out the device (destroy the filesystem)
Operation refused.

Command 'drbdmeta /dev/drbd0 v08 /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 internal create-md'
terminated with exit code 40
drbdadm aborting

what should I do ?

--