[DRBD-user] Question for Split Brain

Theophanis Kontogiannis theophanis_kontogiannis at yahoo.gr
Mon Apr 14 14:09:38 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I have one question, cause it is not clear to me.

If I have two nodes and all the resources are run Primary/Primary, when
Split Brain is dedected, and based on the algorithms, one of them will
become the sync target.

Let us assume that for some reason (it happens to me once per 2-4 days), the
worker fails, so the systems operate in split brain condition for a long
time.

In that case some files have been written on A side and some on B side.

Also let us assume that node A is the SyncSource and node B is the
SyncTarget.

This means that all files changed on node A during the SB, will be updated
on node B but the files changed in node B will not be updated on node A?

Thank you for your time.

Theophanis Kontogiannis