[DRBD-user] drbdadm adjust

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Apr 11 08:58:04 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:58:43PM -0600, Damon Estep wrote:

>    I was under the impression that `drbdadm adjust [resource]' could be
>    run on the node that is secondary (0.7.25), but I am finding that not
>    to work.
>

>    I have changed the io error handler from pass_on to panic in the
>    resource section of drbd.conf and would like the change to take
>    effect, what needs to be done to get the change in place?

the "adjust" in 0.7 sometimes just misses some parts of the changes.
due to an arguably bad design decission on our part, the "on-io-error"
can only be changed by a new attach. that does only work if you detach
first. which will happen automatically in drbd 8.0 (and would catch you
a full sync, if you do it on a Primary; we need to improve on that,
so it won't happen "accidentally").

the best way for you is probably to
A# drbdadm down XY
A# drbdadm up XY