[DRBD-user] Notify admin for online verification

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 10 23:53:37 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 09:44:59AM -0700, Jeffrey Froman wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am still trying to enable the out-of-sync handler,
> such that online device verification executed from a
> cron job will notify an administrator if any blocks are
> found to be out of sync.
>
> So far I have been unsuccessful: online device
> verification, whether run from the command line
> manually, or from cron, does not trigger my handler.
>
> I have followed the example described in
> http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.2.git;a=blob;f=scripts/drbd.conf
> My full configuration is reproduced below, along with my
> handler script and log output from "drbdadm verify".
>
> I have ensured that my handler script works as expected
> when invoked directly on the command line. I have also
> tried using a simple inline script for my out-of-sync
> handler (e.g., "echo test | mail root"), with the same
> results: my handler is never invoked.
>
> So my questions at this point are:
>
> 1. Am I making any obvious mistakes or omissions in my
> configuration?

no.

> 2. Is there any documentation for the out-of-sync handler
> beyond the example configuration cited above?

I'm not aware of any.

> 3. Has anyone else successfully enabled this handler?

impossible

> 4. Is there a way to increase log output regarding the
> invocation of this handler, so that I can better determine
> exactly why it is not running?

the handler is running, I guess.
but it will just terminate saying
Unknown command 'out-of-sync'.

embarassing as it is,
this thing is fully implemented, config parser, invocation from the drbd
module etc.  but for the last part: the drbdadm recognizing this handler
as a command argument.

so this has never been tested by anyone, not even the implementor.
and it does not work.  patch to drbdadm will be available tomorrow.

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :