[DRBD-user] Users guide - temporary syncer rate suggestion

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Apr 7 09:28:44 CEST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 17:52:42 Guy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the instructions for temporarily adjusting the sync rate
> from the users guide.
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-configure-syncer-rate.html#s-configure-sy
>ncer-rate-temporary
>
> Increasing it worked fine but using drbdadm adjust <resource> just
> started another resync at the normal sync rate. Is this the expected
> behaviour or should I rather be using the first command again to set
> it back to the lower sync rate?

Not sure what you mean there. You set the syncer rate temporarily, roger that.
And then you wanted to revert to the syncer rate as configured in your
drbd.conf, and issued "drbdadm adjust <resource>" like the page you quoted
tells you to. All of that is fine. But that "drbdadm adjust" _started_ a
resync? If that is true, that shouldn't happen. Can you clarify please?

Thanks,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.