[DRBD-user] Force a resource to become primary

Roy Keene (Contractor) roy.keene at nrlssc.navy.mil
Fri Apr 4 19:59:22 CEST 2008

Florian Haas wrote:
> Achim, please, first go read http://www.drbd.org/users-guide (which will
> answer most of the questions you have posted today, too, incidentally) and
> until you have done so, please try not to confuse others by giving them
> misleading pointers.
>
> On Friday 04 April 2008 17:24:32 Achim Stumpf wrote:
>> Roy Keene (Contractor) schrieb:
>>> All,
>>>
>>>     I'm using DRBD 8.2.5 and trying to force a DRBD resource to become
>>> primary while the peer is unavailable.  My resource is Consistent, but
>>> not UpToDate.
>
> Roy, can you post your drbd.conf please?
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

Mr. Haas,

Here it is:

global {
          minor-count 32;
          usage-count no;
}
resource r0 {

          protocol C;

          handlers {
                  pri-on-incon-degr "/usr/bin/drbdnrl-outdate-peer localhost r0";
                  pri-lost-after-sb "/usr/bin/drbdnrl-outdate-peer localhost r0";
                  local-io-error "/usr/bin/drbdnrl-outdate-peer localhost r0";
                  pri-lost "/usr/bin/drbdnrl-outdate-peer localhost r0";
                  split-brain "/usr/bin/drbdnrl-outdate-peer 192.168.0.2 r0
keene at nrlssc.navy.mil";
                  outdate-peer "/usr/bin/drbdnrl-outdate-peer 192.168.0.2 r0";
          }

          startup {
                  wfc-timeout  600;
                  degr-wfc-timeout 120;
                  wait-after-sb;
          }

          disk {
                  on-io-error detach;
                  fencing resource-only;
          }

          net {
                  sndbuf-size 512k;

                  max-buffers 2048;

                  cram-hmac-alg "sha1";
                  shared-secret "SharedSecretWasHereRemovedForPosting";

                  after-sb-0pri discard-younger-primary;
                  after-sb-1pri consensus;
                  after-sb-2pri disconnect;

                  rr-conflict call-pri-lost;
          }

          syncer {
                  rate 5M;

                  al-extents 3833;
          }

          on node1 {
                  device          /dev/drbd0;
                  disk            /dev/Raid1/r0;
                  address         192.168.0.1:7601;
                  meta-disk       internal;
          }
          on node2 {
                  device          /dev/drbd0;
                  disk            /dev/Raid1/r0;
                  address         192.168.0.2:7601;
                  meta-disk       internal;
          }
}

--
	Roy Keene (Contractor)
	Office of Network Management (Code 7030.8)