[DRBD-user] Suggestions for drbd 0.8 configuration

Achim Stumpf hakim.news at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:03:29 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I have configured drbd 0.8 with heartbeat 2.0.8 on FC7.

Actually it runs well, but maybe you guys could give me some recommendations for my drbd.conf:

global {
        usage-count no;
}

common {
        syncer  { rate 70M; }
}

resource data1 {

        protocol C;

        net {
                cram-hmac-alg sha1;
                shared-secret "fuckingsecret";
        }

        on sputnik.test {
                device          /dev/drbd0;
                disk            /dev/sda2;
                address         10.148.30.3:7789;
                meta-disk       internal;
        }

        on sputnik1.fra {
                device          /dev/drbd0;
                disk            /dev/sda6;
                address         10.148.30.2:7789;
                meta-disk       internal;
        }
}

1. Do I miss some options, which are quite useful, any hints? I know it's the very basic configuration of the man page ;o)

2. Are there any options which could improve the stability for the reconnect of a node?

3. Could you point me to some options and/or documentation to handle/recover of splitbrain troubles?

4. And how to recover from that? e.g. How to force the wrong primary to sync from the real primary (Does "drbdadm -- secondary all" work in such a case)?

Thanks,

Achim