[DRBD-user] handlers don't get executed and sync problems

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Apr 2 10:40:19 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 23:32:29 Fabiano Sidler wrote:
> All of the files in /root/bin/drbd are symlinks to /root/bin/drbd-handler,
> which sends an email and then evaluates $0 to perform the task.
> However, I don't get any email because no handlers are run. How can I fix
> that?

What handlers do you expect to run?

* local-io-error won't ever run because you haven't configured on-io-error
call-local-io-error; see
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-configure-io-error-behavior.html

* outdate-peer won't ever run because you haven't configured fencing; see the
config example in
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-heartbeat-dopd.html.

* the others will only run in fairly catastrophic scenarios; have you actually
triggered them?

> The second problem is that when I reboot mailsrv, drbd on websrv seems to
> sync tht complete partition (which takes over 20 minutes), while when I
> reboot websrv, the sync to mailsrv takes a second. Is this related to the
> command 'drbdadm -- --discard-my-data connect mail' I had to use because of
> problems connecting the mail partitions? (This is also why I've disable
> hmac authentication, the nodes are connected together over an own private
> LAN)

What? --discard-my-data is only used for manually resolving split brain, not
for "problems connecting". Disabling node authentication may be acceptable in
your case, but having it enabled definitely won't cause random full resyncs.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH

When replying, there is no need to CC my personal address.
I monitor the list on a daily basis. Thank you.