[DRBD-user] The Elegant Way to Include a Master-Slave into a Group? + Please help me double-check this CIB

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Tue Apr 1 17:22:28 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, 01. April 2008, Florian Haas wrote:

> The User's Guide, as it stands today, does not include a how-to for using
> the drbd master/slave RA. Until it does, take a look at
> http://wiki.linux-ha.org/DRBD/HowTov2 where what you are attempting to do
> is described nicely.

Please note, that I have not to date seen a message of someone who is
successfully using the master/slave RA for drbd. I have failed to succeed
myself after months of playing around. Using the way described in the user's
guide gave me a working configuration quickly and really, I don't see any
problem the master/slave RA could solve.

I have multiple resources having to run on the same node as the drbd master as
well as some that can only run on the slave (like the nfs client) and it does
just what it should do.

My advice would be: spare yourself the trouble with the master/slave RA. It's
not worth it.

Regards,
Stefan