[DRBD-user] Verify - How to cancel

Ben Clewett ben at roadrunner.uk.com
Tue Apr 1 16:46:16 CEST 2008

Hi DRBD,

I executed a verify on a live server without appreciating that the
combined load of the verify and MySql maxed out the server ability.  The
result being that MySql executed queries in minutes rather than seconds.
  My mistake, I should have benchmarked before hand: I gave my self a
dead server for nearly three hours.

At least it found no bad blocks!

1.  Is there a way of cancelling the verify when in progress?

2.  Can I control the verify load?  For instance to work slowly over
several days?

Thanks, as always, for excellent tool and support.

Ben

version: 8.2.5 (api:88/proto:86-88)
GIT-hash: 9faf052fdae5ef0c61b4d03890e2d2eab550610c build by
root at hp-tm-09, 2008-03-03 11:09:34
  0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
     ns:592979744 nr:71814884 dw:664794628 dr:848926149 al:1823674
bm:103 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
         resync: used:0/31 hits:201540797 misses:49320 starving:0
dirty:0 changed:49320
         act_log: used:0/257 hits:146421262 misses:1823907 starving:0
dirty:233 changed:1823674

common {
     net {
         max-buffers      40000;
         unplug-watermark 40000;
         max-epoch-size   16384;
         after-sb-0pri    disconnect;
         after-sb-1pri    disconnect;
         after-sb-2pri    disconnect;
         rr-conflict      disconnect;
     }
     syncer {
         rate             100M;
         al-extents       257;
         verify-alg       crc32c;
         cpu-mask           1;
     }
     startup {
         degr-wfc-timeout 120;
     }
     handlers {
         pri-on-incon-degr ...
         pri-lost-after-sb ...
         local-io-error   ...
         outdate-peer     ...
         pri-lost         ...
         split-brain      ...
     }
}

resource dbms-04 {
     protocol               C;
     on hp-tm-09 {
         device           /dev/drbd0;
         disk             /dev/cciss/c0d0p4;
         address          192.168.95.18:7789;
         meta-disk        /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 [0];
     }
     on hp-tm-06 {
         device           /dev/drbd0;
         disk             /dev/cciss/c0d0p4;
         address          192.168.95.17:7788;
         meta-disk        /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 [0];
     }
     disk {
         on-io-error      detach;
         size             769G;
     }
}

This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any
content in this message is not necessarily a view or statement from Road
Tech Computer Systems Limited but is that of the individual sender. If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. We use
reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the company but
no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free.
You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor e-mail
communications through our networks is reserved by us

  Road Tech Computer Systems Ltd. Shenley Hall, Rectory Lane, Shenley,
  Radlett, Hertfordshire, WD7 9AN. - VAT Registration No GB 449 3582 17
  Registered in England No: 02017435, Registered Address: Charter Court,
  Midland Road, Hemel Hempstead,  Hertfordshire, HP2 5GE.