[DRBD-user] Choosing right combination of md-raid, LVM and DRBD

Roger Tsang perj8 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:33:02 CEST 2007

For those brave souls out there you can try the HA features of
OpenSSI-1.9.3 for Fedora Core (www.openssi.org).  Its DRBD-SSI (based
on drbd-0.7.24) supports DRBD root filesystem with the limitation that
only the root filesystem must not be on LVM.  It is cluster-aware so you
don't have to worry about losing IP addresses, etc.  LVM over DRBD or
DRBD over MD for non-root filesystems has been tested in 1.9.3 and
works.

Roger