[DRBD-user] DRBD + Heartbeat + 1 eth + 1 serial

Matteo Campana matteo.campana at klarya.it
Thu Sep 27 13:06:39 CEST 2007

Hi Lars and all the guys in ML :).
My problem is to understand the behaviur of my HA system: I have read in
the documentation about heartbeat that at least 2 channels of
communication between 2 nodes are required to preserve the system from
the "split brain" problem (in my system I have 1 ethernet +  1 serial).
But....in my tests I see however  that DRBD says the "infamous" :)
message "split-brain detected" ecc.. .
My test:

    * I disconnect primary node from the ethernet
    * secondary ----> primary  (ok)
    * I reconnect primary
    * secondary still remain primary (ok for my config)
    * the problem is that the two nodes are standalone and not
      re-syncronize theirs drbd partition.

 DRBD does not use also the serial channel in order to communicate
between the nodes?
And if does not,  there is  a lack of documentation :)

Regards,
Matteo.

--
*Ing. Matteo Campana