[DRBD-user] Refusing to be primary (outdated)

mlist mlist at cmcflex.com
Tue Sep 25 22:12:58 CEST 2007

Luis F. V. Gomes wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I think this may have happened to one of yours but I could not find
> any hints to solve this problem automatically in the archives:
> Due to a blackout, node 1 shuts down first and becomes outdated (DRBD
> 8); node 2 acquires its resources and becomes primary for a few
> minutes until it shuts down too.
> After power comes back, node 2 does not boot due to a hardware
> transient problem (the disk is intact). Node 1 boots but refuses to be
> primary because it is outdated and my clustered services (http and
> email servers) are a joke.
>
> Is there any configuration workaround for this situation?
>
> I just want the SMTP and POP services to wake up in node 1 (probably
> using an alternative temporary spool directory) and later manually
> resynchronize the data (maildir and queues) after fixing note 2.
>
> RedHat EL 5
> Heartbeat 2.0.8.3
> drbd.x86_64 8.0.3-1.el5.centos
> dovecot.x86_64 1.0-1.2.rc15.el5
> exim.x86_64 4.63-3.el5
>

> Thanks
> Luís

Are you getting errors when trying to start exim/dovecot manually?  If
so, are the configuration files on the drbd device (because of HA
requirements)?  And if so, create the configuration files elsewhere and
make sure exim/dovecot are looking for those configuration files in that
location.

Hope that's what you're looking for.

Matt