[DRBD-user] DRDB+ scaling in the 10Gbit ballpark

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Tue Sep 18 22:37:04 CEST 2007

I'm trying to evaluate the requirements for a new project:

- 2 machines
- 6-12TB, DRBD+ mirrored, active/passive.
- 8x bonded GBit dedicated to DRBD
- 16GB RAM
- 4-8 cores.

Is this a realistic setup? Will I be able to still archive write rates
near the physical limit of the disc sub system? I expect 700MB/sec. Will
TCP/IP processing push me to my knees?

Purpose is bulk data loading to PostgreSQL using pg_bulkload.

Is there someone running a DRBD project in that scale?

--
Best regards,
H.D.