[DRBD-user] I/O Stalling on /dev/drbd0

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Tue Sep 18 17:29:13 CEST 2007

On 18.09.2007 17:14, Mark Watts wrote:
> Ah yes, I'd forgotton about that post.
>
> I've removed the TOE hardware dongles with extreme prejudice, so we'll see
> what happens...

I just debugged a new Intel box that failed with stalled IO every few
days (not even DRBD on it). After disabling IOAT it seem stable now ..

.. before that I had a freezing SuperMicro box with some DMA performance
options turned on in the bios.. disabling it and it runs stable for half
a year now.

I don't know what's up these days, every vendor comes up with its own
half tested technologies. I've never had so much problems with new
hardware than this year.

Kinda reminds me of the days of early 3D-accelerator cards. But this is
server hardware, it MUST WORK.

--
Regards,
H.D.