[DRBD-user] Connection closed

mlist mlist at cmcflex.com
Tue Sep 4 21:43:21 CEST 2007

After dealing with some 'stalled sync' problems I upgraded my drbd
install to 8.0.6.  A new problem I've ran into is that the connection
seems to drop off right after connection.

dmesg:

drbd: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
drbd: initialised. Version: 8.0.6 (api:86/proto:86)
drbd: SVN Revision: 3048 build by root at nfs1, 2007-09-04 14:29:33
drbd: registered as block device major 147
drbd: minor_table @ 0xf5bd3ac0
drbd0: conn( StandAlone -> Unconnected )
drbd0: receiver (re)started
drbd0: conn( Unconnected -> WFConnection )
drbd0: conn( WFConnection -> WFReportParams )
drbd0: Handshake successful: DRBD Network Protocol version 86
drbd0: some backing storage is needed
drbd0: conn( WFReportParams -> Disconnecting )
drbd0: error receiving ReportSizes, l: 32!
drbd0: asender terminated
drbd0: tl_clear()
drbd0: Connection closed
drbd0: conn( Disconnecting -> StandAlone )
drbd0: receiver terminated
drbd0: drbd_bm_resize called with capacity == 0
drbd0: worker terminated

drbd.conf

resource r0 {

protocol C;

startup {
        degr-wfc-timeout 120; # 2 minutes
}

disk {
        on-io-error     panic;
}

syncer {

        rate 10M;

        al-extents 257;
}

on nfs1 {
        device /dev/drbd0;
        disk /dev/sda4;
        address 10.5.7.25:7788;
        meta-disk /dev/sda3[0];
}

on nfs2 {
        device /dev/drbd0;
        disk /dev/sda4;
        address 10.5.7.26:7788;
        meta-disk /dev/sda3[0];
}

}*

*
One thing I noticed is that when I run the init script it prints:

Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 Handler not known

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/sda4 /dev/sda3 0 --set-defaults
--create-device --on-io-error=panic  failed - continuing!*
*
I'm not sure what it's refering to when it prints "Handler not known"
and also the line --on-io-error=panic failed - continuing! - what failed?

Reading through some older lists I saw that someone had a vaguely
similar problem.  They just did an drbdadm create-md r0 - I did that, it
saw the metadata was from an older version and upgraded it.  But that
didn't seem to help the current issue.  This is a SLES10 box with
distribution kernel 2.6.16.

Again, any help is appreciated.