[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.7 over LVM crash debian etch server

Adrien Laurent adrien at modulis.ca
Wed Oct 31 20:25:35 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

I have a backup server that mirror the data of multiple production server.

The backup server has a 500G hd split in 30Go partitions with LVM.
Each production server has a 30Go parition that should be mirrored to
the backup server.

At the moment I start Drbd my server doesn't reply and I have to
reboot it (I don't have physical access and the syslog doesn't show
anything)

This how I start drbd:
data# modprobe drbd
data# /etc/init.d/drbd start

Here is the command I've used on the data server

data# pvcreate /dev/sda2
 Physical volume "/dev/sda2" successfully created
data#  vgcreate vg0 /dev/sda2
 Volume group "vg0" successfully created
data# lvcreate -L30G -npart1 vg0
 Logical volume "part1" created

Here is my drbd config on both backup and production server:

resource r0 {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt -f";
  startup {
    degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
  }
  disk {
    on-io-error   detach;
  }
  net {
  }
  syncer {
    rate 100M;
    group 1;
  }

  on prod1 {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/sda3;
    address    10.0.0.229:7788;
    meta-disk  internal;
  }

  on data {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/vg0/part1;
    address   10.0.0.242:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

My drbd version:
Version: 0.7.21 (api:79)
SVN Revision: 2326 build by phil at mescal, 2006-08-02 11:34:11

Thanks a lot for any hint.

Adrien

--
Adrien Laurent