[DRBD-user] SLES9 .244 drbd 8.2.0 kernel oops

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Oct 29 17:33:02 CET 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007 17:19:06 Andre Konopka wrote:
> Uups, to keep things simple I tried a config without "drbd1".....
> Yes, you are right.
> I enabled the cram-hmac-alg and shared-secret for drbd0 and started with
> my complete drbd.conf (which include a drbd1 device)
>
> Yes, it seems to be a very clever idea to put that cram-hmac-alg and
> shared-secret into the "common/net" section. :-)))

OK. So for those who have been watching this thread and have gotten slightly
nervous, a few more words:

1. The issue covered in this thread is an 8.2.0 only bug. If you are on any
8.0 version or still on 0.7, this bug does not apply to you.

2. If you are using mutual node authentication with cram-hmac-alg and
shared-secret, this bug does not apply to you (even if you are on 8.2.0).

3. This bug is fixed in git, and the fix will be included in 8.2.1, whose
release is pretty imminent if I understand Phil correctly.

Cheers,
Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas