[DRBD-user] drbd 0.7 -> drbd8 upgrade path?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Oct 18 14:13:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'd like to inquire the suggested upgrade path to drbd8 for existing
drbd0.7 clusters.

Can this be done as a rolling upgrade? Or do all nodes to be updated at
once?

Is the on-disk format compatible? If the upgrade doesn't work out as
expected, can the user roll-back the node, or will the drbd8 code update
the metadata in a way which prevents this?

Any experience yet? ;-)

Regards,
    Lars