[DRBD-user] In the init script, what exactly is drbdadm waiting for, exactly?

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Wed Oct 17 18:51:59 CEST 2007

For a while now, I've been noticing that when starting the secondary,
the script is just stuck waiting. I don't know what it's waiting for,
though. As you can see on the primary, it's been connected, synced,
and up-to-date...

On the secondary:
DRBD's startup script waits for the peer node(s) to appear.
  - In case this node was already a degraded cluster before the
    reboot the timeout is 120 seconds. [degr-wfc-timeout]
  - If the peer was available before the reboot the timeout will
    expire after 0 seconds. [wfc-timeout]
    (These values are for resource 'logs'; 0 sec -> wait forever)
  To abort waiting enter 'yes' [  60]:

And for a number of seconds already, the primary has been reporting:
  0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  1: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  2: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  3: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  4: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  5: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  6: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---
  7: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate C r---

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu