[DRBD-user] drdb for hundreds of virtual servers with cheap hardware

Graham Wood drbd at spam.dragonhold.org
Tue Oct 16 17:15:41 CEST 2007

> While on the topic of a HA nfs server:
> Can you have two drbd nodes running in active-active mode, each
> running nfs on
> top of the mounted drbd so that you load balance the traffic from the clients
> which mount the service?
In theory this would be possible with GFS, and I think there are
people that do do it using a SAN as the back end.

The overhead of using GFS instead of EXT3, combined with the DRBD
overhead means that I don't think you'd actually get much of a
performance increase....  The machines will keep tripping over each
other.

Graham