[DRBD-user] Preventing initial full sync on new install

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Nov 28 10:17:40 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 11:26:26AM +0100, Joachim Banzhaf wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Am Montag, 26. November 2007 17:21:03 schrieb Florian Haas:
> > On Monday 26 November 2007 17:06:47 Blechman, Ronald I, Jr (Ron) wrote:
> > > Florian --
> > >
> > > Thanks for the clarification!
> > > Is that true with older versions of DRBD as well (e.g. 0.7.23)?
> >
> > Ah, but of course. :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Florian
>
> No, not all of it.
> You can not go primary on the sync target (while still syncing) with all drbd
> versions.
> I think this feature was introduced with the 8.0 series.

actually in drbd 0.6 and before,
sync direction was coupled with node rolde.
0.7 decoupled this, so you can make a SyncTarget to Primary --
you cannot make a Primary become SyncTarget, however, we prevent that.

> But you could always make one side primary immediately and work with it as
> with any other blockdevice (read and write). Even without any secondary
> device connected.

btw,
anything wrong with your mail delivery,
or is it us who duplicated your mail six times?

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :