[DRBD-user] DRBD8 ADJUST&DISCONNECT

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Nov 26 19:29:55 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 09:40:25AM -0800, yataman wrote:

> >what does
> > drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show
> >say, and how does that compare with your drbd.conf?
>
> Yes, and at this moment i see that device field in this command output is
> diferent than device in my drbd.conf
> Why? Do I have to use only devices with drbd{number} in name?

aparently "drbdsetup show" basically outputs hardcoded printf("drbd%u",minor);
for device; drbdadm adjust parses both config file, and output of
drbdsetup show, and if they differ, takes apropriate action to
make them look alike.

obviously this will not work with device node name != drbd{number}

actually, I'm not even sure wether we accept patches there.

> >and, sorry for swearing, but
> >WTF do you want with those devices names.
> >what exact problem do you think to solve by using those?
>
> I have associated file systems uuids with my drbd devices names.
> I have a lof of scripts based on uuids.

see if you can use
 drbdadm sh-resources
 drbdadm sh-ll-dev hAsu-nIch-Ge-seHn
instead.

cheers.

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :