[DRBD-user] Resources for learning how to use DRBD as Primary/Primary?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Nov 20 21:24:16 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 11:34:17AM -0600, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm interested in being able to share a file repository from 2
> geographically remote locations and was interested in setting up DRBD to
>  replicate between the 2 nodes.
>
> I'm using CentOS 5 for my platform.  Does anyone have any documentation
> or howtos on what I need to do to set something like this up?

what is your understanding of "Pirmary/Primary"?

  do you want to use a cluster file system on top of that?

  or do you want to have each site active for *its set* of shares,
  and be the backup only for the respective other site's set?

what does "geographically remote" mean in link latency and bandwidth?

 30 km FO dedicated 1Gbps low latency feeling for all practical purposes
 almost like a lan?

 3000 km 1Mbps flaky high latency bell wire?

what is "a file repository"?
  what kind of files?
  why would you need synchronous replication,
  why would rsync not do?

what is your expected storage size?

what is your estimated average write rate?

what is you estimated peek write rate?

--
: commercial DRBD/HA support and consulting: sales at linbit.com :
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :