[DRBD-user] New to the list and a ?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Nov 9 17:24:30 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:30:58AM -0800, Kelly Byrd wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:13:40 +0100, Dominik Klein <dk at in-telegence.net>
> wrote:
> >> Whenever I
> >> reboot the drbd servers they will both come up as secondary/secondary
> >> and I always need to do drbdadm primary r0.
> >
> > That's by design.
> >
> >> Is there a way to fix this?
> >
> > You need a cluster manager like heartbeat (http://www.linux-ha.org) to
> > achieve what you want.
> >

> Or you throw caution to he wind and right a script that does it at boot
> in some place like rc.local (after all the other init.d scripts have
> run).

note that recent drbd has a config option:
| resource ...
|    startup {
|
|     # In case you are using DRBD for GFS/OCFS2 you want that the
|     # startup script promotes it to primary. Nodenames are also
|     # possible instead of "both".
|     # become-primary-on both;
|    }

: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH      Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :
: Vivenotgasse 48, A-1120 Vienna/Europe     Fax +43-1-8178292-82 :