[DRBD-user] 2.6.24-rc1 oops

Pierguido pierg75 at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 7 15:58:22 CET 2007

Matteo wrote:
> BUT, even switching to new kernel my problems remains the same...
> I have tested latest drbd/kernel with CORE2/QUAD processors and i'm in deep
> troubles, syncer get stuck at 20mb/s with incredible high await/iowait times:
>
> [root at nas1 queue]# iostat -x -m 1
> Linux 2.6.24-rc2 (nas1)         11/07/2007
>
> avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait   %idle
>            0.91    0.00   15.31   80.57    3.21

I have too a dual-core processor, with an identical configuration on a
P4 system.
This is a test system and it is still to finish. Now i tested IO output
and i got some curious results.

On the dualcore system with a hw raid 5, i got max 20mb/s on drbd
device...on the same raid disc, but just lvm and no drbd i got the same
speed, 20mb/s (both of the result i got with pretty high %iowait results
(around 70%)).

On the P4 system i got always 20mb/s on the drbd device and 40mb/s on
the lvm partition...in this case there is no hw raid and a normal eide
disk. Also on this system anyway i got pretty high %iowait results.

Both of them are identical system, debian etch with 2.6.23.1 kernel and
drbd 8.0.7.
With iperf on the network interfaces i get around 500 mbits and 700 mbits.

Some strangeness here :-)

Pier