[DRBD-user] Procedure to Shutdown/Restart HANFS Systems

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Nov 6 10:23:21 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 11:18:55AM -0800, Doc Holliday wrote:

> I teach Operation and Maintenance of a HPC using HA-NFS/DRBD.  As part of the
> training, I have students take down both HA-NFS servers/RAID to perform R&R
> procedures.
>
> Is there a recommended shutdown/restart sequence I should follow when
> bringing both servers down/up?

depending on what you want to test/demonstrate/simulate,
 pulling the plug,
 echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger
 halt -n -f
 reboot
 telinit 6

hm.
maybe that was not your question?

ok.
for a _clean clusterwide shutdown_,
 you stop the clustermanager,
 make sure drbd is "Connected Secondary/Secondary"
 then stop and unload drbd.
 then stop the network.
 then stop the box.

does that help?