[DRBD-user] DRBD 0.7.23 and MD corruption

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu May 24 11:00:51 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 01:04:05PM -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> I remember the performance issue with meta-data on raid1 and barriers
> not being passed down.

it wasn't barriers (those are handled ok since ages),
it was the "bio_sync" flag == queue unplug hint.

> Another thing, is there any plans to implement a many-to-many
> replication topology with DRBD say utilizing multicasting?

sure.
but the necessary state engine is not exactly trivial...

until then, you can sort-of daisy chain drbds,
not automate anything and solve do the state engine
in the operators brain.  or not.
 :)

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :