[DRBD-user] resolving split brain in .8

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Tue May 22 10:00:46 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a centos 5 / heartbeat 2.0.8 / drbd 0.8 two node cluster in the testing phase. Each node has two drbd volumes mirrored to the other node.

I have this in my drbd.conf:
    after-sb-0pri discard-least-changes;
    after-sb-1pri disconnect;
    after-sb-2pri disconnect;

After I managed to create (had to really try ;)) a split-brain scenario, I am now left with one drbd mirror fully operational and other in split-brain state, where each node claimed it as primary, so it got disconnected. After a few reboots and some further playing (I tried to invalidate one side) now I have Primary/Unknown on one side and Secondary/Unknown on the other, but it still wont connect and sync.

What is the proper method to recover from split-brain anyway?

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org